July 18, 2011

The Glass Corner

Here's the baby kiln, set up with the fire proof sheet rock underneath and behind it...safey first, right? The drawers contain scrap glass (of which there is PLENTY) and the little caddy has some of my most reached for tools. That wire shelf is empty, I'm not sure what'll go up there, but I like the spacious feeling of the wire shelf overhead when compared to the dark, solid shelf over the other window. I'll be changing that one to a wire shelf too! Under the worktable is a bookshelf, on it's side, that is perfect for storing my smaller sheets of glass (thank you Ikea!).



You'll never see this space like this again...so look carefully!



Spare kiln pieces, molds and some ceramic fiber paper... and an empty shelf at the bottom for future mold purchases :-)



The messy stuff..the grinder, ring saw and dremel drill press are on this table. There's an acrylic shield to move behind whichever tool I'm using to contain the inevitable spray of glass and water. I'm hoping to add a wet tile saw in the not too distant future...we'll see.




And that, my friends, is where I'm hanging out when I tell you I'm in the corner...it's the glass corner, not the naughty corner!!!!

And for obvious reasons, this room is "No Dogs Allowed"


No comments: