April 24, 2010

There's a room in here....somewhere!

When we bought this house, one of the huge selling points (other than the secure back yard for the dogs) was the fabulous 20x22' bonus room upstairs. The room has windows on 3 sides, west, north and south and was a lovely, empty room just waiting for Mom and I to move our studios into it and get back to our creative sides. Did I mention we bought this house in 2002?


Somewhere since then things have gone horribly wrong. Here, let me take you on a tour. Here's the entry way (a door has since been built at the hallway/landing area so that this room can be closed off...to keep the dogs out of course.

Looking into the hallway, you're looking at the south side of the room facing west... lovely windows and light, but you can't tell because we never open them! And the room looks a little...disorganized? Yeah, that's our word.
Here's the aisle between the two rows of very dusy iris carts...all neatly labeled and yes, their contents match the labels. And there's that beautiful south window. We've got blinds for all of the windows, which will go up when we can get to them!!!

Here's the north side of the room...the other end of the aisle you were just looking at. There in the upper corner is my glass station...or it was. It'll be back!


And here's the south side of the room...unfortunately, it's right at the entrance, so this is where stuff gets stacked before it gets moved somewhere else in the room to give us more room to stack.

Here's my worktable. As you can tell, I spend a lot of quality time here and get a lot accomplished!


After a couple hours of cleaning, we've got more stuff moved into the garage sale pile and look!!! we found a table top! This is my workspace (with the glass area behind me). I won't fib and tell you that everything on that table found a home...some of it is just boxed up to be gone through later...but it's a start!!!


I couldn't even contemplate taking pictures along the east wall, directly to the right as you go in the room. It's got Mom's upholstery and sewing machines, fabric and drawers of more fabric and my drawers of "haven't been used in 10 years" rubberstamps, as well as the desktop computer, another work table and...well, I'm not sure what else is under there. We'll save that for another day.

Wish me luck! Between my desire to get rid of everything I've not touched in 10 years and Mom's desire to keep everything...it should be entertaining watching this room evolve into a working space.




No comments: