March 01, 2008

Let sleeping dogs lie...

I've probably used this blog entry title before, but it bears repeating...at least around here.



"Awwww, isn't that adorable?" I can hear you all thinking it. And believe me, no one loves the sight of a sleeping puppy more than I do. Let me tell you how my Saturday started.

First, the dream. I was trying to get ready for a dog show (shocker, I know) but I kept tripping over puppies, lots and lots of puppies. And then they started screaming because I was tripping on them. What was happening in reality about 4am this morning was that a particular group of puppies was hungry and they were expressing that hunger at the top of their freakin' lungs! Now, they may be 7 week old puppies...but they've got adult sized volume on 'em. There is no sleeping through the "I'm HUNGRY NOW" chorus. Some morning I'll wake up enough to record it for those who think I might be exaggerating.

So at 4am I stumble carefully down the stairs, grab a bag of whatever's at the top of the doggie food drawer in the fridge, go upstairs and dump it in the puppy pen....ahhhhhh blissful silence. About 2 hours later it started again...I dumped the contents of the next bag in the doggie drawer in the puppy pen and went back to sleep. Around 7:30....Yep. Again. But this time Daddy was awake and did the honors for me. AND he let me go back to sleep!

I was going to be the best puppy mom. I was going to document every bit of their growth and development in pictures. Heck, now I know a little more how a new mom feels. I'm lucky I have time to brush my teeth between feeding the puppies, playing with the puppies, cleaning up after the puppies...and starting it all over again 2 hours later!

I wouldn't trade it for the world. But next time I'll think twice before I leave the puppy pen in my bedroom past 3 weeks!

4 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

So THAT is what woke my mom up at 7am Eastern time!


My mom was telling Hbbbbbbb's mom about them and The Tovik number set last night!!

What khuties - that's why they khan get away with those kind of puppy antikhs!!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

PeeEss: why is my mom babbling something about puppy breath?

Khady Lynn said...

Oh my, they ARE adorable!!! And so cute the way they pile up and sleep together!

Isn't mommyhood wonderful!?!?!!!!

Hbbb

Maverick the Pirate said...

Harrrrr
Screeming puppies Harrrrr
Cap'n Maverick the Pirate

Khady Lynn said...

We need MORE pics!!!!!

Holly