January 23, 2008

Today we discovered our feet!

Six little toddlers running around the whelping box. That's what's happening in my bedroom these days.
Just a couple of days ago, Girl #2, aka Star, started opening her eyes. Little, tiny, squinty eyes...but I saw eyeballs! Slowly her brothers and sisters followed and this morning, when I went up to torment...errr...play with the puppies, they all had their eyes open a little bit. Some of them don't seem to be as inclined to open their eyes and face the world as quickly as the others. Here's Sunday's group picture. That's Star there on top (see how creative we got with her name?) and that yawning puppy on the right? That's one of the boys. Don't ask me which one, can't you see how similar they all look?

And watching them try to walk is SO adorable. They'd get up on their feet, so darn proud...but a yawn or a too-fast turn of the head would send them tumbling like defective Weebles. (If you don't know what a Weeble is, I don't want to hear about it!) I went upstairs about 10 minutes ago, in response to a cacophony of noise on the baby monitor (yes, we got a baby monitor so I could listen to Satinka and the puppies...next up? KaosKam!). They're WALKING! The whelping box is a hive of activity with the little dudes and dudettes toddling across the blanket. Satinka doesn't look as excited over this development as I am. She really has to rush to get into the box and into feeding position because now they move really fast...well, compared to before when they were simply dragging their little bodies across the blanket.

Today we toddle, tomorrow the Iditarod!

And, yes, if you haven't checked lately, there are new pictures from last weekend's photo shoot on the website. And we'll take more this weekend, but it may take me a few days to get them up because...drum roll please...I have a new job! Of course, it happens just as the puppies are getting interactive...but hey, it'll pay the bills!

4 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Khongrats on the Khuties!

I hope both moms are doing well!!

Khan't wait to see more pikhs of Satinka's sweeties!!!

Wags and Wuv,
Khyra

Maverick the Pirate said...

Harrrr
They all look like little pirates in training Harrrr
Cap'n Maverick the Pirate

Khady Lynn said...

They are just so adorable!! Can't wait till their little eyes open!

Holly

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job (or is that Khongrats? I totally love Khyra's spelling)

And those puppies!!! Sooooo cute! I just want to come cuddle them all. (Hey, if I do go campaigning in your neck of the woods, can I come puppy cuddle? Yes? so soft-hearted are you! Can I sleep on your couch Feb. 1-6? Well, I had to try. :D )

If not for (insert many good reasons Siberians aren't a good breed choice for my family) I'd be hanging around hoping Star turned out to be pet quality so I could trade icky money for that wonderful cutie. I AM looking for a female dog, hoping to crack Pepper's self-image as a cat into a more realistic image... but I guess I'll stick to breeds more easily intimidated by cat claws. You know, like Pepper is.

What fun in your house! Sounds like Satinka is settling into her new Mom role!